- Position Title: Volunteer Medical First Responder
- Position Type: Volunteer
- Position Length: N/A
Purpose And Scope Of The Position:
Under the supervision of leading Officers, the Deputy Chief and Chief, the Volunteer Medical First Responder will provide emergency medical response, on-site medical coverage, public awareness & prevention where applicable.
- Respond to emergency calls within the area of Fort William First Nation.
- Provide medical coverage to public events, duties and other public related tasks.
- Provide and respond to disaster related callouts to provide medical mutual aid.
- Attend all mandatory and required training, meetings and re-certifications.
- Complete and manage all required documents, patient care records and other documents.
- Perform safely and follow the provided training and protocols.
- Responding to homes and properties with unknown medical calls, occupants and dangers.
- Providing medical assistance to individuals within the community.
- Possible exposure to potential traumatic calls or traumatic events.
- Responding to emergency calls in many different climates as well as terrain conditions.
- Use of a personal vehicle to respond to emergency calls and attend medical coverage duties.
Required Qualifications, Certificates Or Training:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must hold a valid drivers license, class G2 or G.
- Previous First Aid, Medical First Response or any medical training is desired but not required.
How To Apply For This Position:
Visit the Recruitment page to download our application PDF. Simply fill out the PDF and send the completed application to the email stated on the recruitment page! An individual from the Medical First Response Team will contact you to continue your application process!
If you have any questions about completing your application or any questions regarding the team prior to submitting your application, please visit our Contact Us page for our team contacts!